Monday, January 24, 2011

Turmeric Dye - what incredible colour it gives!!


well.. I have no photo yet to show you but the washing machine washed it to a pale lemon yellow.. not what I expected.. perhaps with a longer spell in the dyebath and more modants the colour would have stayed more vivid..

wow! I boiled up the turmeric in salty water and let the linen stew in it for a mere half hour or so and the colour is sooo vivid!I will do a final wash in the washing machine which can sometimes alter the colour again due to the various chemicals in the soap powder..


well-my next dye project is with turmeric spice. I am expecting rich yellow shades for my vintage French linen sheets which I intend to transform into summer granny totes.. The dye is apparently not verylight fast but that suits me fine as I like my linens to keep their aged, vintage look..



No comments:

Post a Comment